J.T. Ellison ARC Reviews for These Cold Strangers (We Could Be Heroes)

 


Thank you J.T. for the early sneak peak.

I was captivated from the moment I started this short story about Addison Blake on her search looking for her big break. The pages quickly take you to some unexpected places. And this was one I needed to finish as quickly as I started. It left me wanting even more of Addison and particularly Todd’s story.  I would love for you to explore this story for a longer format story. I wanted so much more. It's one you certainly wont want to miss. 

Brittany P. 

Addie is a journalist in DC looking for her big break. A local photographer falls unresponsive on a public sidewalk, and a Good Samaritan saves his live. Addie recognizes this hero as her former high school crush and heads to her home town to hopefully interview him for a story. 

A fast placed, short psychological thriller. I would recommend as a quick read! 

Bailey S.

When Addison Blake in ‘These Cold Strangers’ by J.T. Ellison recognizes someone from her past, a past she has tried her hardest to move away from, she has no idea how much her future is about to change.

J.T. Ellison writes a riveting short-story on how much a person can go back to their home town they have been avoided for years. Ellison draws you in from the very beginning of the story, and with twists and turns in the book, makes a person realize how much of the past they really know. 

Heather P. 

A quick shot of thrill from J.T. Ellison? Yes please! Maybe your moment of Zen doesn’t involve reading a short thriller after a really tough work week, but mine certainly is. Make yourself a hot cup of apple cinnamon tea with just a splash of apple cider, light a Target charcoal and black teak candle (trust me), maybe put on an ethereal playlist in the background with some dreamy, wispy, spooky tunes, wrap up in a large cozy blanket, coerce your cat or dog to snuggle in close, and you’ve set the perfect stage for this quick but suspenseful read. These Cold Strangers is a quick read, but it’s packing some spine-tingling moments all the same. For the single readers, maybe read this one before going out on that Tinder date later in the night, just to keep those choices in check?

Even the traumatized dream of the ‘what if’ crushes, right? So when Addison has a chance to majorly further her career and revisit a part of her childhood not soaked in blood and shattered glass, she pursues it. Sigh. I knew I was reading a J.T. Ellison story. I knew things weren’t going to be so cute and cozy for Addy. But man…things gets dark quick. 

I obviously enjoyed this short story, and I’m hoping for more quickies from J.T. Ellison because now I need more moments of suspenseful Zen in my life. No pressure J. T. Ellison, but I could sure use about twenty more shorts from ASAP.


Jessie T. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book #1: The Wish, Nicholas Sparks

J.T. Ellison joins SIBC To Discuss It's One Of

Book #11: The Wicked Sister, Karen Dionne